I’m probably not as open as I could be. I don’t necessarily think I’m closed off, but I tend to not get overly open with people unless either directly asked a question or extremely comfortable with a person.
I blame the fact that I’m a recovering shy-kid at heart trying to constantly remind myself to talk and be a human.
I’m working on that.
So, in an effort to help people who may want to get to know me, here are 25 things about me that you may not already know.
- My favorite color is yellow.
- I went to 7 different schools between kindergarten and high school.
- I’m an outgoing introvert.
- I still rock the Saturday morning cartoon/cereal combination.
- I don’t like chocolate.
- Christmastime is my absolute favorite time of the year. Not just the day, everything about the season- the music, the lights and sounds, and the food.
- I’m a pesco pollo vegetarian- I just couldn’t give up my mama’s fried chicken 😉
- I love to travel.
- I’m relatively handy. Give me a manual or a YouTube video, and I can build or fix plenty of random doodads.
- I wear my emotions on my sleeve. You can pretty much guess just by looking at me if I’m feeling feelings.
- I don’t curse. If I ever do, I recommend running because I’m Level 5 furious.
- I’m a big ol cry baby. Touching moments, frustrating ones, or sad ones can all trigger the water works.
- Silence makes me uncomfortable. I usually sleep with some sort of noise going on in the background.
- I had 2 broken bones as a kid. Both were my big brother’s fault. Grrr.
- I make up little songs to narrate what I’m doing more often than I care to admit.
- Taking out the trash has always been my least favorite chore.
- Whenever I’m feeling sad or upset, I do something artsy. It can be writing, crafting, or just doodling on a paper.
- I am a boss at Mario Kart. Don’t try me, bro. I’m awesome.
- I’m pretty awkward when I meet new people. Like, after shaking someone’s hand, what do I do with my hands?
- I don’t watch a ton of TV because I become entirely too invested in the shows. Like, crying and talking to the TV. If I binge a show, it can get to the point where I start dreaming about the characters and story possibilities. It can get weird.
- I’m very impulsive.
- I’m a middle child. Yes, I fit most of the middle child stereotypes.
- I love to hike. Yosemite is still my favorite place to do it.
- I always go to the beach when I need an emotional cleanse.
- I’ve never done any sort of illegal drugs.
There you go. A peek behind the velvet curtain. Feel free to ask if you want to know more. I’m fascinating and lame all at the same time.